Saturday, October 9, 2010

Domestication


I am now in the middle of one of those tasks I have developed an aversion to - house hunting. I am right now living in a dump. Hey, the rent is cheap so can't really complain, eh. That's the only good thing about this space. And I think the cosmos is playing tricks on me. Even this dump doesn't want me. So now, I need to move. Well, I have only fully unpacked my suitcase a couple of months ago and now I might have to pack again. Good thing I don't have a lot of stuff and I just have clothes and shoes. I'm beginning to think that I'm living a nomadic life.

So okay, moving. I've been looking at residential listings in the papers and online and there's one thing I hate about it. Most of them are fully furnished. I don't want to sound like an asshole but I bet most of the furniture in those rooms I wouldn't like. Well, to be fair, I don't really like a lot of stuff in my room. I just want a bed, a chair, and a lamp.

Again, like the last living space post I did here, I still want my next room to look like Alexander Wang's studio! Black furniture, white walls, dark hardwood floors, lots of space and humongous windows.






And if I'm gonna be a creature derived from the genes of Martha Stewart and Rick Owens, I might make these gorgeous concrete furniture by myself. But I highly doubt that I'm gonna go to the hardware store and pour some cement onto a steel frame to make slabs of concrete to make a table and a chair.



Now I just need to find a space to dump my stuff in and call it home. I'm suddenly craving for Saturday nights at home in front of a TV. Oh wait, I don't have a TV.

Photos of Alexander Wang's studio nicked from theselby.com
Photos of Stefan Zwicky's concrete furniture swiped from hapsical.blogspot.com
Posted by X2

9 comments:

Aischrolatreia said...

Those Photos of Alexander Wang's Studio are amazing. I only wish i could live in a monochrome palace like that.

http://aischrolatreia.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

we all wish to have a space like that!

x

angela said...

hello, beutiful blog, visit pls
http://tenhoqueimadura.blogspot.com

Michael Kors Watches Women said...

No Tv ? No SNL ? bummer !

KennaRenee said...

i feel your pain, i dont even have a place to call home :( i AM living a nomadic life

X2 said...

Yes, as much as I want to get one, I do not own a TV. I am dependent on a dinky laptop for entertainment. And I think in this part of the world, they will tax me for owning a TV (though I am not too sure about that).

Anonymous said...

just had to say thanks again! There was so much information and creativity. I enjoyed scaning your pleasant blog.
buy adobe fireworks cs5

nikeairmaxshoes90 said...

Apart from sorting them out from styes, attributes,
Motorcycle Fairings materials and so on, there is one important clue for tracing them.
Asics Tiger That is, from the brand itself. However, it is always not easy neither. Not only there are more and more brands going into fashion, but also the intricated Beats By Dre product names are too difficult to remember them. Thus, the category of brands was ominized here. But if you prefer to sort them out via brands, I'd like to recommend a valuable women high heel shoes website for you, that is LadyShoesMall.com, which is an exclusive women high heel shoes online store.

DollHouse said...

I went into Doll House for a Sherri Hill dress and I had the worst time. The staff was rude and no help to me they made me feel as if I didn’t belong into their store. I well never return there and I am glad I didn’t purchase my dress from that store.